"To fill the hour──that is happiness."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (via observando)
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."
- William Shakespeare || Julius Caesar (via socratic-thinker)
(Source: feellng, via strange-infatuation)
It’s phony it’s plain to see
How happy I would be
If you believed in me.
"Even if we could turn back, we’d probably never end up where we started."
- Haruki Murakami, 1Q84 (via bookmania)
"The lack of the Other returns in the lack of the subject. Desire is the desire of the Other."
- From Freud’s Hysteric To Lacan’s Feminine p175 (via alterities)
"The inability to communicate one’s thoughts is in very truth the most terrible of all kinds of loneliness."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, from Selected Letters (via violentwavesofemotion)
"In accordance with my conception of life, I have chosen not to bring children into the world. A coin is examined, and only after careful deliberation, given to a beggar, whereas a child is flung out into the cosmic brutality without hesitation."
- Peter Wessel Zapffe (via blackestdespondency)
(Source: blackestdespondency, via blackestdespondency)